About Acrylic Render Acrylic Render will form a long lasting, aesthetically-pleasing protective barrier on your external walls. It is flexible, and highly resistant to mechanical impact. It is also particularly good at holding vibrant colours, and can be mixed into almost any shade. Cost-effective Water repelling Frost-resistant High elasticity Resistant to fading Acrylic Render is […]
About Acrylic Render
Acrylic Render will form a long lasting, aesthetically-pleasing protective barrier on your external walls. It is flexible, and highly resistant to mechanical impact. It is also particularly good at holding vibrant colours, and can be mixed into almost any shade.
- Water repelling
- High elasticity
- Resistant to fading
Acrylic Render is a wet, thin-coat render which comes pre-mixed (ready to use) in a wide variety of colours, used as a decorative finish to an EWI system. Acrylic render comes in four grain sizes: 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm.
EWI-010 Acrylic Render is suitable for interior and exterior surfaces. The product is not recommended for use in thermal wall insulation systems using hard mineral wool panels or for use on wet walls with a high level of technological moisture (e.g. made of fresh cellular concrete). We recommend using EWI-040 Silicone Silicate render in conjunction with our mineral wool insulation systems.
Applying Acrylic Render
EWI-010 Acrylic Render can be easily applied by hand or sprayed onto a substrate. When applying Acrylic Render, use a notched trowel to apply the render to a thickness which corresponds with the grain size.
Ensure that you have enough workers on site to be able to apply the render to whole sections of a wall (rather than half sections) to prevent scarring where the sections meet.
To create an even, textured finish we recommend that you rub up the surface of the render in circular motions using a plastic float.
Application Conditions of Acrylic Render:
- Substrate primers: EWI-301 Water Based Primer, EWI-330 Mineral & Acrylic Primer
- Application temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C
- Colour range: available in 380 colours
- Caution! In case of thermal wall insulation systems, while applying render to elevations with a large area, it is recommended that colours with brightness coefficient (diffuse reflection) of at least 20% should be used. These coefficients are shown in the colour palette of EWI Pro plasters and paints.
Coverage rates of 25kg Acrylic Render
This EWI-010 Acrylic Render is available in four grain sizes. Coverage is as follows:
- 1.0mm – 1.9kg/m2. One bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm – 2.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm – 3.4kg/m2. One bucket should cover 6-8m2
- 3.0mm – 5.0kg/m2. One bucket should cover 5-6m2
- Composition: water dispersion of acrylic polymer, mineral fillers, modifying additives, pigments.
- Bulk density: approx. 1.90 g/cm3
- Adhesion to substrate: ≥ 0.6 MPa
- Relative diffusion resistance (non-trowelled 3 mm thick layer): ≤ 0.4 m
- Water absorption after 10 hours: ≤ 590 g/m²
- Reaction to fire: B – s1, d0; NRO – not spreading fire (test No. NP-800.02/08/TG)
Do not dispose of Acrylic Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Acrylic Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures for Acrylic Render
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Acrylic Render Packaging
Comes ready-to-use in a 25kg plastic tub.
Storage Conditions for Acrylic Render
Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.