About Silicone Silicate Render EWI-040 Silicone Silicate Render is our most popular coloured through top coat. The render is breathable, flexible, hydrophobic and self-cleaning. Although this silicone silicate render is often used as the final stage of EWI Pro external wall insulation systems, it can be used as a standalone top coat render, provided the […]
About Silicone Silicate Render
EWI-040 Silicone Silicate Render is our most popular coloured through top coat. The render is breathable, flexible, hydrophobic and self-cleaning. Although this silicone silicate render is often used as the final stage of EWI Pro external wall insulation systems, it can be used as a standalone top coat render, provided the reinforcement layer is used too – it is available in hundreds of different colours.
- Water repelling
- High elasticity
- High vapour permeability
- Resistant to UV rays
- Available in 4 different grain sizes
The product is a decorative, ready-to-use silicone silicate thin-coat render. EWI-040 Silicone Silicate render is available in either 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm grain sizes and is available in 100’s of different colours.
The through colour silicone silicate render is suitable for interior or exterior surfaces, but works best when applied on top of a reinforcement layer as part of the whole thin-coat render or insulation system.
The silicone silicate render not only provides a decorative finish, it also provides a strong protective coating to the property, helping protect the underlying brickwork. Silicone silicate render is also breathable, so can be used in conjunction with mineral wool EWI systems.
Applying Silicone Silicate Render
As mentioned, the silicone silicate render is ready to go out of the bucket, but we do recommend giving it a mix prior to use, especially if a colour has been chosen, to ensure an even distribution of the pigments (always check the colour of the render matches your order prior to application)
Apply the render to the substrate using a trowel and then use a plastic float to generate the required texture. Remember this is a thin coat render system, so the thickness of the render layer should match the grain size of the render chosen.
Silicone Silicate Render Application Conditions
- Substrate primers: EWI-333 Silicone Silicate Primer should be applied on top of the EWI-220 Basecoat prior to applying the decorative render finish.
- Application and setting temperature (air, substrate, materials): from +5°C to +25°C.
- Grain size distribution: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm and 3 mm.
Caution! In case of wall thermal insulation systems, when plastering facades with a large area, it is recommended that colours with brightness coefficient (dispersed reflection) of at least 25% should be used. These coefficients are shown in the colour pallet of EWI Pro Insulation Systems plasters and paints.
Coverage rates of Silicone Silicate Render
- 1.0mm – 1.9kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 12 – 13 m2
- 1.5mm – 2.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 9 – 10 m2
- 2.0mm – 3.4kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 7 – 8 m2
- 3.0mm – 5.0kg/m2 therefore a bucket should cover 5 – 6 m2
- Composition: potassium water glass, silicon emulsions, fillers, modifying admixtures, pigments
- Bulk density: approx. 1.84 g/cm3
- Relative diffusion resistance (non-trowelled 3 mm thick layer): ≤ 0.13 m
- Water absorption after 10 hours: ≤ 360 g/m²
- Colours: a range of 35 standard colour tints are available through the website, with 100s more available in our stores. The standard colour of the render is white. Colours are tinted on instruction from the order reference.
Do not dispose of Silicone Silicate Render along with household rubbish. Ensure that Silicone Silicate Render packaging is clean and empty before disposal. Leftover product should be not be allowed to reach sewage or watercourse systems.
Safety Measures of Silicone Silicate Render
- Wear protective clothing during use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with skin for extended periods of time.
- Always ensure that water and/or washing facilities are available on site.
Comes ready-to-use in a 25kg plastic tub.
Storage Conditions for Silicone Silicate Render
Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life: up to 12 months from the date of manufacture.