Ecoease Magnetic Secondary Glazing
£115.00 per square metre
Ecoease is a cheap and effective form of secondary glazing that will help lower your heating bills. Using a unique magnetic system, EcoEase achieves acoustic and thermal insulation for existing windows. Ecoease costs £110 per m2 of glazing. In the calculation box above, you need to input the dimensions of each window, one at a time – you will see this automatically calculates the price per window. These are then made to fit your window exactly.
REQUEST YOUR FREE SAMPLE – email email@example.com
Please ensure you double check your measurements! Scale: 1,200mm = 120cm = 1.2m
Why Install Ecoease?
At only 15% of the cost of standard double glazing, secondary glazing is a fantastic alternative to help reduce heat loss through your windows.
Ecoease is our secondary glazing offering and is composed of 3mm thick PolyEthylene Terephthalate (PET for short). This lightweight plastic offers superb thermal and acoustic insulation performance, making it the ideal secondary glazing material.
Once you give us your window measurements, we will send you an Ecoease secondary glazing panel to fit your individual requirements exactly. The Ecoease glazing is held in place by magnets, meaning that you can easily attach and remove the secondary glazing panels as required – so in the summer you can completely remove the panels and open your existing windows as normal.
Prevent heat loss with ECOease secondary glazing
As much as 15% of the heat in a dwelling is lost through draughty gaps around windows and if you include the heat loss through the glazing itself, installing Ecoease could prevent as much as 25% of the heat escaping out of the home. In addition, Ecoease secondary glazing will also help eliminate condensation forming on your windows, helping to prevent the growth of mould on and around the windows themselves.
Furthermore, Ecoease magnetic secondary glazing is particularly useful if you live in a listed property, and changing the appearance of the property with permission is against the law. These temporary secondary glazing panels can be fitted very easily ensuring you too can benefit from greater energy efficiency.
So if you are finding double-glazing quotes prohibitively expensive, give our Ecoease secondary glazing a try!
Sizes of ECOEASE
The width of the white frame is 18mm
The depth of the frame (+ the magnetic strips) is 9mm.
The width of the magnetic strip is 12mm
The PET is 3mm thick
While it is only available in White, you can paint the frame in any colour your choose, provided it is in an oil based paint and NOT emulsion.
Ecoease Installation Guide
Ecoease is amazing simple to install – just follow our installation guide below!
- Measure your windows (width x height) – if they are unusual shapes, we may still be able to help so give us a ring (0208 144 0897). The perfect situation is when you don’t even realise the Ecoease secondary glazing is there, so if you measure your window to the outside of the frame we find that in most instances that is the best way of achieving this.
- Enter your window measurements one by one into the sizing widget above and press add to basket after entering the dimension of each panel you require.
- Pay for the order via credit card or Paypal through our secure payment gateway – Sagepay.
- Sit back and wait (7-10 days) – the panels are made to your exact measurements. – The couriers will then get in touch with a delivery date!
- When your panels arrive, check they fit okay by holding the panel to the window.
- Without removing the magnetic strips from the secondary glazing panel, reveal the sticky side of the magnets by removing the blue tape.
- Position the Ecoease panel into place on the window – the magnetic strips will then stick to the wall in exactly the right place for the panel to hold on the window frame – no need to keep moving the magnetic strips to get them to line up!
- Pull the Ecoease panel off the window, the magnetic strips will stay on the window frame. You can then attach and remove the panel as you wish
- Enjoy less noise, warmer rooms and less condensation.
You can watch a video on TheGreenAge of James installing them on his window – simply click here.
Delivering your panels
Since the panels are made to order, we will dispatch them within 7-10 working days.
Ecoease Secondary Glazing Key Features
- Heat transfer reduced through the window
- Reduces cold spots, draughts and condensation
- Acoustic insulation – reduces outside noise. 55% (13db) sound reduction compared to 4mm single glazing.
- Ecoease secondary glazing is made to order ensuring a perfect fit for your window frame.
- This secondary glazing is held in place using a removable magnetic fixing – making it incredibly simple and quick to install.
- Since the windows are already to cut to measure, they require no DIY skills to fit.
- High quality design
- Premium quality PET
- Ideal for old and listed properties
- Compliments existing windows
- U-Value of 2.7 using 20mm gap on single glazing – without EcoEase this would be 5.8